Far Infrared (FIR)
When any tissue in the body is exposed to FIR waves,
whether radiated by sunlight, reflected by specially coated
fabrics or ceramic panels, there is a rapid increase in
warmth, which can shown by thermography. This heat plus the
activation of several other response mechanisms stimulates
the healing processes.
For example, FIR waves;
- Increase blood flow by promoting dilation (expansion) of the micro-circulatory system of capillaries.
- Reduce muscle spasms as muscle fibers are heated.
- Remove toxins from the site receiving FIR waves.
- Assist in the reduction of swelling and inflammation by improving lymph flow.
- Reduce soreness through direct action on both free nerve endings in tissues and on peripheral nerves.
- At the cellular level, researchers have discovered that specific FIR waves lengths.
- Stimulate enzyme activity.
- Promote the adhesion and osmosis of water molecules across the cellular membrane.
- Attract calcium ions to the cellular membrane.
- FIR waves reduce acidity.
Medical application FIR technology
One of the reasons FIR has beneficial results in a variety of
illnesses is the ability of FIR waves to remove toxins, which
are often at the core of many health problems. Since humans
are bio-accumulators, numerous toxins that cannot be removed
immediately after entry are stored in our bodies. For example,
when toxic gases such as sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide or toxic
substances such as lead, mercury or chlorine meet large water
molecules, they are encapsulated by the clusters of water. Where
these toxins are accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and
cellular energy is impaired.
However, when a 10 micron FIR wave is applied to these large water
molecules, the water begins to vibrate. This vibration reduces the
ion bonds of the atoms that are holding together the molecules
of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs,
encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released.
Diets and exercise do work to a certain extent, but there are scientific
products developed in Japan that can help you get rid of the accumulated
acidic toxins more easily and effortlessly. These products work no
matter how busy you are, how old you are or how lazy you may be. As with
diets and exercises, the results are not overnight; however, the process
is the fastest among the methods using the natural process.
The problem is that the acid accumulation in our body is slow and our body
adapts to it, so that we do not notice the fact that we are getting sick
and old. By the time one feels pain caused by the acid accumulation, the
damage is severe. One must start the process of reducing acidic wastes
before the pain starts.
Japanese Research - Far Infrared Benefits:
Aging and Far Infrared Heat Therapy:
The following health challenges have been reported in Japan to be alleviated or reduced by the use of far infrared therapy:
- Asthma, bronchitis (cleared up).
- Rheumatoid arthritis (7 out of 10 cases resolved in one clinical trial).
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy (reduced).
- Cancer pain (greatly relieved pain in later stages).
- Cirrhosis of the liver (reversed).
- Crohn's Disease (gone).
- Cold hand and feet (a physical therapist discovered 20-50% improvement was maintained).
- Cystitis (gone).
- Duocenal ulcers (eliminated).
- Compression fracture pain.
- Gastritis (relieved).
- Hemorrhoids (reduced).
- Hepatitis (gone).
- High blood pressure (in the case of a diabetic a systolic decrease from 180 to 125 + concurrent weight loss).
- Keloids (significantly softened and, in some cases, completely gone).
- Leg ulcers (healed when previously static and resistant to other care).
- Pain preventing sleep or limiting sleeping positions (relieved).
- Post-surgical adhesions (reduced).
- Radiation sickness (relieved signs and symptoms).
- Sequelae of strokes (Herniparesis relieved over time).
A clinical trial in Japan reported a successful solution for seven out of seven cases of rheumatoid arthritis treated with whole-body far infrared therapy.
Dr. Masao Nakamura of the O and P Medical Clinic in Japan reports success with the use of far infrared heat treatment for the following:
- Ear Diseases.
- Gastroenteric Problems.
- Shoulder Stiffness.
Musculoskeletal Improvements with Far Infrared Heat:
Success has been reported from infrared treatments by Japanese researchers for the following musculoskeletal conditions:
- Arthritis, Gout, Rheumatoid, DJD (each substantially relieved or improved).
- Adhesions (common in competitive athletes, trauma, and repetitive stress syndromes).
- TMJ Arthritis.
- Acel-Decel Injury Sequelae.
- Low-Back Pain (relieved).
- Bursitis (eliminated).
- Brain Contusion (accelerated healing).
- Disc-Protrusion Related Neuralgia.
- Compression Fractures (in one situation pain stopped for three days with one treatment).
- Muscle Tension (relaxed).
- Muscle Spasms (reduced or eliminated).
- Post-Exercise Muscle Pain (good results - vital to competitive athletes).
- Shoulder pain (relieved or improved).
- Spinal Chord Shock (reversed post traumatic shock).
- Tight Shoulders (more relaxed).
- Traumatic Arthritis.
Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions Relieved with Far Infrared Heat:
The Japanese report the following ear, nose, and throat conditions relieved with far infrared heat treatments:
- Body Odor.
- Chronic middle-ear inflammation of infection.
- Clogged pores (unplugged of cosmetics, unexcelled skin texture and tone).
- Dandruff (increased blood flow through the scalp).
- Eczema and Psoriasis (respond well).
- Lacerations (healed quicker with less pain and scarring).
- Nettle rash.
- Nose bleeding (reduced).
- Skin Conditions (improved).
- Teenage skin problems (clearing acne and blackheads).
- Poor skin tone - Scars and pain from burns or wounds (decreased in severity and extent).
- Sore throats.
- Tinitus (chronic severe case cleared with 10 infrared treatments).
- Used routinely in burn units throughout Asia.
Complementary Cancer Care
by author Michelle Hancock
When you combine the best of complementary and orthodox cancer care, what do you get?
Treatments such as far infrared heat therapy, which uses modern technology and ancient wisdom to help the body through its healing journey.
The ancient Greek doctor Parmenides once stated, “Give me a chance to create fever and I will cure any disease.” These days, more naturopathic and medical doctors, such as Drs. Jim Chan of Vancouver and John Cline of Nanaimo, BC, are discovering how far infrared heat therapy indeed assists in one of the key tenets of wholistic cancer treatment: detoxification.
Why is far infrared therapy beneficial? It’s a form of heat (hyperthermic) treatment that involves artificially raising the temperature of the whole body or specific body part by sauna, or a specific body part, in a very specific way. Heat is a form of energy. Far infrared heat energy penetrates deeply–four to five centimeters into the skin, the body’s largest detoxifying organ. Its molecular vibrations “jiggle” the tissues and speed up metabolic exchanges between cells.
Vancouver naturopathic physician Jim Chan, who has treated about 5,000 cancer patients, explains that far infrared therapy has the ability to break up the protective rings around harmful molecules in the body so they’re no longer cancer-causing. It also weakens the bonds between toxins and human tissues, so stored toxins can be flushed out of the system faster and in greater quantities through the skin (via sweating), liver and bowels.
Wholistic cancer treatment involves strengthening the immune system and killing toxic cancer cells, which can be done with interventions such as diet modifications, nutritional supplements, anti-cancer herbs and the more orthodox chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. Positive mental attitude and stress reduction are also often recommended. But even if you’re doing everything else right, without good detoxification, unhealthy substances remain a burden in the body and can slow or prevent recovery.
Toxins we’re all exposed to include carcinogenic heavy metals as well as pesticides and other chemicals in food, household products, water and air. Many of these toxins are stored in our body’s fat cells and accumulate over time. However, the toxic load of cancer patients is routinely even higher than in the average person.
Cancer cannot survive in an environment of temperatures more than 42°C (107.6°F). In addition to its detoxifying effects, far infrared heat actually helps kill cancer cells, increase the effectiveness of chemotherapy and reduce the side-effects of conventional therapies. At the same time, it boosts the body’s regenerative abilities and decreases pain by increasing circulation, which makes it beneficial in treating other conditions such as arthritis, gout, poor circulation, neuralgia and abnormal nerve function.
At the Cline Medical Center in Nanaimo, medical doctor John Cline supervises successful cleansing programs involving far infrared heat. “Organizations such as the United States Environmental Protection Agency have now taken a serious look at hyperthermic therapy as a means to detoxify individuals who are ill from exposure to environmental poisons and several good studies have been published,” he writes in a recent wellness bulletin.
In one cancer study by the European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology that examined five-year survival rates of patients with malignant melanoma, 28 percent of those who underwent only radiation survived five years. Of those who combined radiation and infrared hyperthermia treatment once a week, 46 percent survived. Neither group did any other wholistic therapies.
Another trial at St. Georg Hospital in Bad Aibling, Germany involved late-stage ovarian cancer patients who had previously undergone chemotherapy. Using a combination of chemotherapy and hyperthermia, 69 percent experienced positive improvements and 15.5 percent went into remission.
Investigations into far infrared and other heat treatments will no doubt continue to move mainstream as science, technology and good old common sense come together. As the late, great cancer doctor, Josef M. Issels, known for his incredible successes in treating “incurable” cases, said about heat therapy: “Artificially induced fever has the greatest potential in the treatment of many diseases, including cancer.”